O´Donnell’s mission is to improve its client’s competitiveness by providing strategic locations, quality buildings and industrial developments, offering experienced and reliable management, providing exceptional customer service at a competitive price.
Its mission is branded as follows:
- Exceptional Customer Service,
- Strategic Locations,
- Quality Industrial Developments,
- Experienced and Reliable Management,
- Competitive Pricing.
Excellence is Freedom. Achieving excellence in every aspect of our business will draw our clients, investors, associates and future associates and public leaders to the group, thus allowing us to be more productive, thus more successful in satisfying their needs.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
O’Donnell formed its first fund in 1996 and developed a 34 hectares (“has”) green field industrial zoned land in Queretaro, Mexico (JV structure). It financed the project with US$3.0mm of initial private equity capital later secured with debt financing from JP Morgan and GE Capital.
- In 2004, O’Donnell signed a co-investment agreement with Prudential Real Estate Investors (“PREI”), to co-invest and develop industrial assets. The transaction was distinguished by the following:
PREI’s first co-investment platform in Latam; It was seeded with a 278,000 sf built-to-suit (“BTS”) with Mattel in North Mexico City; Soon thereafter, O’Donnell sold its investor’s interest in OAIQ, which represented a 4-building portfolio sale totaling more than 627,000 sf, to the O’Donnell / PREI JV.
From 2004 to 2008, O’Donnell/PREI grew their industrial portfolio’s leasable area at a ~50% CAGR; and, Partnership included 39 properties in 7 industrial markets, totaling 7.56m sf. with an average property size of 193,846 sf.
93% of the portfolio’s area was built ground up on a speculative basis, and the remaining 7% represented speculative or opportunistic acquisitions.
- By 2008, O’Donnell co-owned and managed the fifth largest industrial portfolio in Mexico, in large part as a result of these portfolio additions.
- In 2009 and 2011 O’Donnell was chosen by PREI to manage a total of 39 additional buildings (4.97mm sf.) located in 7 markets in northern Mexico. The addition of the Brasa and Bermudez portfolio (2009) combined with the contribution of the IGS portfolio (2011) increased O’Donnell’s portfolio size by 67%.
- In 2013, O’Donnell contributed its assets to PREI’s industrial Mexican FIBRA (Terrafina), which was valued at US$1.0bn, and O’Donnell manages 60% of the initial portfolio.
Dec 2013, the company leased 1.5 mm sf., renewed 3.5 mm sf. developed a 30 has. industrial park in Mty. a 50 has. industrial in Qro. and expanded a building in NMC totaling 181,729 sf.
Today, O’Donnell manages 78 properties, which jointly add up to 12.5mm sf. in 14 markets throughout Mexico.
O’Donnell is a diversified industrial real estate developer: Manufacturing and Logistics. O’Donnell understands its client’s needs and has been developing for different sectors such as aerospace, automotive, consumer and industrial products,electronics, food and beverage, and packaging. O’Donnell provides solutions with the intent of giving its clients a competitive advantage.
- Diehl Controls Polska
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Mitsubishi Electric
Spec Building clients
- An Actuant Company
- BBB Industries
- Grupo Modelo
- Lithonia Lighting
- Tetra Pak
“After meeting with various industrial developers throughout Mexico, we partnered with O’Donnell, because of the group’s unrelenting commitment to quality. There are other industrial developers in the Mexican market that are larger, but so far, only O’Donnell has met our quality standards. Quality for us is essential!”
Managing director and CEO Latin America, Prudential Real Estate Investors
“We chose O’donnell Aeropuerto for its exceptional rail access to the Mexican National rail system.”
Vice president, BASF Mexicana
“In light of serious entitlement complications and adverse weather conditions, O’Donnell’s team delivered to Mattel a world-class concrete Tilt-Up distribution center. In my opinion, no other developer in the market could have first, conceived, and
second, delivered, such a quality product”
Managing director, Logistics Services
The building is simply what our group is always looking for; it meets our requirements and the design is very functional”
Logistics Director, Grupo Modelo